WOW! Time sure does fly; it’s almost Thanksgiving! To say that these past four and a half months has been whirlwind is an understatement. Since my July 1 start date, I have had the opportunity to speak with a number of people both inside the school buildings and among the community as well. With a fresh set of eyes, I have been asking “why” a lot! The reason I ask is so that I can get a better understanding of the CV way, and also to have us look at why we do things, why we started doing them a certain way, and to ask if it is still the best way to do them.

It has been awesome to interact with so many individuals who truly have the best interest of our students as a driving force. From PTOs to classroom teachers; from support staff to community members and groups; from administrators to coaches; from bus drivers to parents, there is a unique CV feeling of family among all adults as they work to create positive opportunities for “every child, every day!”

As much as I recognize what the CV community offers, in order to get a better perspective of where I’m coming from, I’d like to invite you to the CV Community Forum to be held next Monday at 6:30 p.m. in the High School Auditorium. In addition to a brief overview of my professional experience, I will be sharing my beliefs, expectations and vision and how they align with our District’s Goals. I hope to see many of you there!