It's Elementary!

an online forum for information from the Director of Elementary Education, Kelly K. Cartwright, Ed.D.

November 22, 2010

Waiting for Superman

Filed under: K-12 — Kelly Cartwright @ 9:36 am
Tags:

I saw Waiting for “Superman”, a documentary by Oscar winning filmmaker Davis Guggenheim (An Inconvenient Truth), yesterday afternoon.

The film follows five students and their families in their diligent quests for the best education possible amidst challenges in major metropolitan areas: the District of Columbia, Los Angeles, and New York City.

It is poignant – both thought and emotion provoking. I strongly recommend seeing it. I won’t give anything away here, but I’d love to discuss it with anyone who sees it.

Waiting for “Superman” is playing at the Point of View Cinema in Millersville (121 West Frederick St. 872-4131) through Wednesday, November 24 @ 7PM each evening.

See a trailer and learn more at http://www.waitingforsuperman.com/.

Young people who thrive have encountered deep connection. They feel they belong – that people know them.

Rachael Kessler: The Soul of Education

2 Comments »

1. You’ve got me very interested in this movie! Since it’s a documentary, is there any word if it will go to DVD or not? If not, I’d like to go see it at that theater in Penn Manor.

Jennifer — December 1, 2010 @ 4:35 pm

2. I haven’t heard yet if or when it will come out on DVD or if it will be playing anywhere else in the area soon…I sure hope so. It wasn’t in Millersville very long at all!

Kelly Cartwright — December 8, 2010 @ 4:52 pm

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI